Sunday, November 16, 2008

grid art


When we were assigned the grid art project I had no idea what to do. I knew that I needed to something in the form of a grid. I remember that in middle school I always made bracelets out of Now and Later wrappers, so I figured why not use that technique to make my grid. I usual I decided that I wanted to make a butterfly. So I went and bought Now and Laters and started intertwining the wrappers. It was very tideous but I was pretty happy with the end result. Although it was not a square grid, it came out better than I expected.



Evaluation on the classes gridart:

Adam Bass: I thought the idea of using lights was very original and came out great.

Coleen Kumka: I like the fact that you used eyes. I thought that it was original to use the small eye and make it into a large one using the grid.

Shawn Rubin: I liked the idea of using the chess board as a grid. I never thought of it as one until I saw the letters on it. It was really good.

Ashley Noeson: I thought the high heel shoe was very pretty. I enjoyed that it was pink and I could tell there was a tiny grid behind it when looking closely.

Perri Landsberg: The badmitton racket was an very good example of a grid. I liked the concept of the lollipop because it actually reminded me of one. Overall it was a good idea.

Matthew Norton: I liked the size of this grid. It was on a sliding door and the drawing of the guitar came out very nice. The large scale made it original.

John Dolan: This one was the most unique grid art. I thought it was very unique that he used coffe beans to make the giraffe and it actually looked that the picture that you went by. It came out very good.

Victor Valery: I think that the pac man came out very good. Now everytime I see a cooking pan it reminds me of pac mac. It was very good.

MaKayla Dorland: The mosaic that you made on the lamp came out very good. It was a good idea and very original.


Ryan McCallister: The pacman drawing came out very nice, but I was not sure where the grid was. It was interesting to see that more than one person thought of pacman.


Bernadetter Miller: I liked that fact that you used to a child hood toy and incorporated it into the project. It was a grid of different flowers. The concept was very orginal.


Murad Fadhul: The grid of your name and UT came out very nice. It was simple and a grid. Sometimes the greatest forms of art are simple.


Brendan Wallace: This grid was amazing. It was a copy of the picture of a wave. I liked how there was a grid as the outline but dark and light were used to make the wave form.


No comments: