Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Performance art


For my performance art piece I had no idea what to do. I knew that it had to do with art and technology but the rest of the information needed was really vague. I decided to use all of the technology in my life that has broken. I knew I had a pile of things that I could easily find around my house that are no longer useable. I managed to find a broken computer, charger, hair straightner, blackberry, and last but not least our television. I obviously could not transport that to the class room so I brought in the remote control as substitution. Then I proceeded to make a slide show explaining how each broken. At the end there was a life line that was a metaphor saying that I am still breathing without the technology, implying people are way to wrapped up in it.





















No comments: